BLACKBERRY, VISA & UNILEVER AMONG TOP BRANDS TO HEAD UP FESTIVAL OF MEDIA GLOBAL 2013 SPEAKER SESSIONS
Festival of Media organiser, C Squared, has announced that senior executives from BlackBerry, Visa and Unilever are among the first speakers confirmed for The Festival of Media Global 2013, taking place in Montreux, Switzerland between the 28th and 30th April 2013. These brand speakers are responsible for more than a combined $6bn in media expenditure worldwide.
Taking to the stage will be:
• Peter Williams, non-executive director, ASOS & Former CEO, Selfridges
• Frank Boulben, CMO, BlackBerry
• Sameer Singh, VP & head of global media planning, strategy & buying, GlaxoSmithKline
• Johan Jervoe, VP, sales and marketing, Intel
• Nick Fell, group marketing director, SABMiller
• Luis Di Como, SVP global media, Unilever
• Kevin Burke, CMO, core products, Visa
They will be joined by fellow thought leaders and high profile figures from across the worlds of media, marketing and advertising at the event including:
• Chuck Porter, founder, CP+B
• Ricky Liversidge, CMO, DG MediaMind
• Carolyn Everson, VP global marketing solutions, Facebook
• Daniel Roth, executive editor, LinkedIn
• Paul Palmieri, co-founder, president and CEO, Millennial Media
• Yaron Galai, co-founder and CEO, Outbrain
• Matt Sanchez, co-founder and CEO, Say Media
• Stephen Shurrock, CEO, new business ventures, Telefónica Digital
• Jesse Draper, CEO and host, The Valley Girl Show
• Bob Bakish, president and CEO, Viacom International Media Networks
All will offer their insights and expertise on the agenda theme, ‘From Content to Commerce’, highlighting how brands are becoming publishers and using content to connect directly with consumers, bypassing traditional media roles – changing the relationship between advertiser, media owner and agency.
With such transactions assisted by recommendation engines, content experiences and social comment, the industry is in the midst of a transition that where retailers are evolving into content companies and vice versa. How does this impact the role of the media agency and the craft of media selling?
These questions and themes will be analysed at the three-day event. The latest agenda sessions to be revealed are:
• ‘Going Native’: Exploring what is being hailed as the next frontier of online advertising and why we should care about the newest ad model on the block.
• ‘Don’t Stop the Music’: A look at the changing landscape of brand and music integration and why getting on the top 100 isn’t as straightforward as it seems.
Previous sessions announced were ‘I Sync therefore I am’, ‘Clicks & Mortar’, ‘Content Conundrum’, ‘Algorithm versus The Man’ and ‘When Money Goes Mobile’.
Charlie Crowe, Founder of the Festival of Media, comments: “As brands take content into their own hands, using it to shape consumption habits and connect directly with consumers, the media industry will have to adapt to survive and stay relevant. This year’s event is set to establish just what that might mean for advertisers, media owners and agencies alike in the not too distant future.”
The Festival of Media Global is the only event dedicated to the $500 billion media industry, attracting senior level decision makers to its sessions exploring the most pertinent issues to the global media community.
- ENDS -
For press information please contact MaryLou Costa or Caroline Doyle on (+44) 20 7249 7769 or at email@example.com
Or visit for all award entry and event booking information.
You can read the Festival of Media Global 2013 ‘Agenda at a glance’ here and check out videos of previous festivals and key presentations at www.YouTube.com/thefestivalofmedia
Please credit The Festival of Media with all images and videos used.
Notes to the editor
For information on the awards: email Danielle Redwood firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 20 7367 6986
For information on delegate booking rates: email Rachel Barber Rachel.email@example.com or call +44 (0) 20 7367 6978
For information on sponsorship and exhibition opportunities: email James Fleetham James.Fleetham@csquared.cc or call +44 (0) 20 7367 6977
For information on the agenda: email Martina Lacey Martina@csquared.cc or call +44 (0) 20 7367 6988