21 August, 2014
Guinness World Records, the global authority on record breaking achievement, in conjunction with C Squared’s Festival of Media LatAm Awards are announcing the shortlist of Latin America campaign nominees for the ‘Record-breaking Brand’ award, a unique prize designed to recognize brands who have best utilized their world record titles within innovative media campaigns.
The short list of brands were selected by the Festival of Media judges while the final winner will be chosen by the public and announced at the Festival of Media LatAm awards ceremony in Miami on October 3rd. The Festival of Media is the premier media industry award show which sees the most influential brands from across the world discuss pressing trends within the industry.
The shortlist will be open to public vote from 20th August – 12th September 2014 at the following URL:
Shortlisted media campaigns include live events, experiential activation and digital content creation. The brands and campaign nominees which have been shortlisted include:
1. Cervezo Modelo Especial, Mexico, Tallest flower structure
2. CIMA KIDS (SAMBITO), Ecuador, Most plastic bottles recycled (one week)
3. Sonidos de la Tierra, Paraguay, Largest Harp Ensemble
4. Grupo Herdez – Mexico, Largest Digital Photo Exhibition
5. Hellman’s Chile (Digital Bond Ltda.), Chile, Longest Line of Hot Dogs
6. Instituto Mexicano del Seguiro Social (IMSS) & NBA, NFL, FMF, Mexico, Largest linked race – most pairs (single venue)
7. Peneirinha Gillette (Grupo RBS), Brazil, Largest Football Trials
8. Red Bull Colombia, Colombia, Longest down-hill bicycle star race
9. Services Comunicaciones Norte (Pilsen Trujillo), Peru, Largest marinara dance (multiple venue)
10. Whirlpool Mexico and Ariel Power Pods, Mexico, Largest mobile laundromat
11. SENAC-RS, Brazil, Largest chocolate rabbit
Commenting on the partnership with Festival of Media, Caroline Carr, Group Marketing Director, C squared Networks comments: “We are proud to work with Guinness World Record to attract the region’s leading brands to The Festival of Media LatAm and recognize the record holders who use Guinness World Records achievements in ever-more creative, innovative media campaigns. All those on the shortlist are deserving of the accolade, but it is up to the industry to determine which campaign will walk away with the award.”
Festival of Media is organized by C Squared Networks Ltd, the UIK-based business publishing, events and technology brand.
The ‘Record-breaking Brand’ award category has been introduced into the 3 flagship events of the Festival of Media Conference and Awards series – ‘Festival of Media Asia Pacific’; ‘Festival of Media Global’ and ‘Festival of Media LatAm’.
In April, at the ‘Festival of Media Global’ held in Rome, Italy, Grupo Santander took home the accolade, edging out 14 other competitors for their ‘Largest Sports Trivia Competition’ campaign that engaged millions of football fans across Latin America.
About Guinness World Records:
About Guinness World Records:
GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS (GWR) is the universally recognized global authority on record-breaking achievement. First published in 1955, the annual GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS book has gone on to become one of the biggest-selling copyright titles of all time, selling over 2.7 million copies a year. Since its launch nearly 60 years ago over 130 million copies – including 400,000 e-books – have been sold in 20 languages, in more than 100 countries. The internationally renowned brand is also available across a number of platforms; GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS global television shows are watched by 750 million viewers annually, over 420,000 subscribe to the GWR YouTube channel, the global website receives 12 million viewers annually and the brand has 2 million fans on Facebook. In 2013, OFFICIALLY AMAZING became the registered trademark of Guinness World Records Limited.