Two new categories and initial panel of 10 brand representatives revealed for 5th annual Awards
08.02.13: Festival of Media organiser, C Squared, has announced that Group Head of Global Media at MasterCard, Ben Jankowski, will be Jury Chair at the 5th annual Festival of Media Global Awards. Jankowski will head up a judging panel of the brightest media minds from around the globe who will judge entries across 16 categories, including two which are new for 2013.
This year, the wider portfolio of Awards categories has been updated to reflect the latest industry trends and technologies, such as the growth of native advertising and the increasing prominence of ‘big data’ when it comes to influencing media and marketing strategies.
C Squared has also revealed the names of the first 10 members of the Awards judging panel, representing brand advertisers:
– Luis di Como, senior vice-president, global media, Unilever
– Ronnie Beltran, global marketing director, Avon
– Jef Vandecruyz, global director, digital interaction, AB Inbev
– Nadine McHugh, vice-president, global integrated media communications, Colgate-Palmolive
– Pete Blackshaw, head of digital and social media, Nestlé
– Carla Schmitzberger, chief executive, Alpargatas/Havaianas
– Johan Jervoe, vice-president sales and marketing, Intel
– Miguel Osorio, chief marketing officer, Sonae
– Jan Worre Pedersen, senior director, marketing excellence, Arla Foods
– Antoine Dubois, director of advertising and media strategy, Accor
More advertiser and agency panellists will be announced in the coming weeks.
The two brand new categories for 2013 have been unveiled as:
– ‘BRAVES’ Best branded video content: Recognising the best video content produced for a brand. Entrants will be judged on the idea, production, brand fit and results, with judges paying particular attention to the information conveyed and its resonance with the brand. (Note that entry for this category opens next week. There is a separate entry form, and an extended deadline of March 1 for this category only).
– Best Launch Campaign: Awarded to the campaign which demonstrates the most successful strategy for the launch of a new product, service or brand, or the re-launch of an existing product or service. Judges will be looking for understanding of the target audience and marketplace as well as the use of a cutting edge media strategy that created standout in the market.
The deadline for final submissions has been extended to February 15. The shortlist will be announced on March 28 with winners unveiled at a gala dinner on April 30 that will conclude the Festival of Media Global 2013 in Montreux, Switzerland.
Awards jury chair Ben Jankowski comments: “The Awards are an important part of our industry; to share success and inspire our community. As we navigate through exciting but confusing times, the sharing of ideas and the stimulus it provides is essential to continuing to push the goal posts of our business.”
Charlie Crowe, Founder of the Festival of Media, adds: “We have continued to invest in the integrity, impartiality and authority of our Awards and we have been recognised for offering a true industry benchmark through the strong advertiser representation on our judging panel. 2013 is set to be the biggest year yet for rewarding the best media thinking from around the world.”
In 2012, the Festival of Media Global Awards broke all its previous records with more than 880 entries from over 50 countries. Open to everyone involved in advertising, the Awards showcase the creativity and innovation that is at the heart of effective media communications.
Bringing together the most high profile figures and senior level decision makers from across the worlds of advertising, media and marketing, The Festival of Media Global is the only event dedicated to the $500 billion media industry.
For press information please contact MaryLou Costa or Caroline Doyle on (+44) 20
7249 7769 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit for all award entry and event booking information.
You can read the Festival of Media Global 2013 ‘Agenda at a glance’ here and check out videos of previous festivals and key presentations at www.YouTube.com/thefestivalofmedia
Please credit Festival of Media with all images and videos used.
For information on the awards:
email Danielle Redwood email@example.com or call +44 (0) 20 7367 6986
For information on delegate booking rates: email Rachel Barber Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 20 7367 6978
For information on sponsorship and exhibition opportunities: Email James Fleetham James.Fleetham@csquared.cc or call +44 (0) 20 7367 6977
For information on the agenda: email Martina Lacey Martina@csquared.cc or call +44 (0) 20 7367 6988